Arizona Defensive Driving Course Eligibility
- You have not attended a defensive driving course for a traffic citation within the past 12 months.
- Your citation must be on the list of eligible violations. Click here to view the violation list. If eligible, you can attend for one violation only.
- If you were involved in a serious injury or fatal accident you are not eligible.
- If you hold a commercial driver’s license you are not eligible for the Defensive Driving Diversion Program, regardless of whether you were driving commercially at the time of the violation. In addition, those driving a commercial vehicle requiring a commercial driver’s license are also not eligible.
- If you have paid the fine on your citation you are not eligible.
- You must complete your defensive driving course at least 7 days prior to your court date.
Eligibility Requirements for Non Arizona Residents
- Immediately contact an Arizona Certified Defensive Driving School
- You may take an Internet Class
- You may return to Arizona for the class
- You can attend a class in your home state, ONLY if coordinated through an Arizona Certified School
- You must complete your defensive driving course at least 7 days prior to your court date